Friday, July 4, 2008

Noahs RDI


Noah has been in stage 6 of RDI this year. He is nearing the end and still gets hung up on a few of the objectives. Things like him regulating his emotional reactions when things dont go as he thought, or not taking certain actions because you are aware of how others may see those actions. We are hoping he will be in stage 7 by September. Stage 6 of RDI also has alot of collaberative activities in it.

Noah has been doing really well this past year. He is more relaxed and curious....and he is ok with taking chances now, instead of feeling incompetent. Homeschooling has worked well for us.....and we take that one year at a time!

He is going off to boy scout camp in a week......he is looking forward to it, although Im still trying to come to grips with me not talking to him for a whole week!! He is sharing a tent with a friend Michael from scouts.

Oh thats another things stage 6 talks about...have a friend without adult support. Thankfully, Noah has a good friend from town, and 2 others from Scouts. Michael did seek him out to share a tent with him at camp. Those of you who live with Autism know the thrill of this!

Will let you know how he does!

1 comment:

poohder said...

Caroline still has some of these same developmental gaps. Except we still have NO friends to speak of. I can't find anyone available and compatible.
I can honestly say I haven't looked at the RDI objectives for several months. I need to get them out and revisit which things we should be working on. I guess I was just RDI burned out. I am going to Dr. G's 2 day in August 8th, so I am expecting to get reenergized by the meeting.
Rhonda