Saturday, February 3, 2007

RDI annual conference/ 2006 Colorado


At the time of the announcement for the Annual conference, I was bummed. I was not officially working with a certified consultant, so it looked like the doors were closed for me. I had just started negotiations with my school district to have them pay for a consultant. Since I had tried to learn all I could about RDI on my own, I knew that the information would help me tremdousely concerning the new operating system. I was only a few weeks before the deadline, and an email conversation started between myself and ( I would find out later) someone who had some pull with the powers that be in Texas. I knew the school decision would not happen till after the deadline for registration, so fully expecting not to be able to go, but definitely praying to be able to go, I waited as this friend tirelessly pleated my case. Turns out she finally got the ok, and I was off booking airfare tickets and making plans for the trip to colorado which was less then 30 days away!

What I thought would be the highlight of the trip turned out to be one of the benefits of going, but definitely not the highlight. It was fantastic to see Dr G explain the many new facets of RDI, the new operating system, to hear the guest speakers. The best thing about the trip was the parents I got to meet that I *already* knew from the yahoo groups. We all had the best time! It was great to hang with everyone in the flesh, compared to cyberspace! :) These friendships are so special to me..........parents who totally get it!

Hopefully I will be able to go to San Diego for the 2007 conference........

No comments: